The villa correct name is Villa Almerico Capra, taking its name from the first two owners .
Palladio designed his masterpiece in 1565 for the Vicentine priest in retirement Paolo Almerico. At his death in 1592, the villa was bought by the Capra brothers and completed by the architect Vicenzo Scamozzi.
The structure has a completely symmetrical plan, with four identical façades, positioned on top of a slight hill to be admired as a “modern Pantheon” with its central dome.
The interiors were decorated with mythological scenes referring to the virtuous life of the first owner Almerico by the Vicentine Maganza workshop. The central hall also includes an incursion of the French Baroque artist Louis Dorigny, with colourful Olympic gods.
The villa interiors are open to the visits only on Wednesdays and Saturdays from March to November, the rest of the days only the gardens are open.