The villa was bought in 1715 by the Vicentine nobleman Giustino Valmarana, that added the “Foresteria” (Guest House) and the “Scuderie” (Stables) designed by the neoclassical archiect Francesco Muttoni.
The villa derives its nick name “to the dwarves” (ai nani) from the 17 statues adorning the Italian style garden, now positioned on top the walls surrouding it.
The Valmarana family still lives in the villa, that is famous for the Tiepolos’ magnificent cycle of frescoes.
The Palazzina (Manor House) was frescoed by Giambattista Tiepolo in 1757, following Giustino’s indications, while the son Giandomenico freely decorated the Foresteria using his fantasy.
The villa is open to the visits every day.